“SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio is home to medical and academic research institutions, an innovative private sector and active military missions, and they are all developing innovative technologies to fight COVID-19.
On Wednesday, April 15, KSAT hosted and broadcasted a Virtual Town Hall with Mayor Ron Nirenberg and local bioscience experts about local innovative solutions.
The panelists included:
- Dr. Larry Schlesinger, President/CEO of Texas Biomedical Research Institute
- Rachel Beddard, MD, Chief Medical Officer of BioBridge Global
- Walter Downing, Executive VP/COO of Southwest Research Institute
- Dr. Thomas Patterson, Chief of Infectious Disease, UT Health San Antonio
- Dr. Doug Frantz, UTSA Center for Innovative Drug Discovery
- Heather Hanson
The Virtual Town Hall event is a partnership between KSAT, The Texas Research & Technology Foundation, VelocityTX, and BioMedSA.
Viewers can submit questions through the prompt at the end of this article and then watch Wednesday starting at 6:30 p.m. to potentially see the answer.”
Click the link below to see the full video…