The BioGlobal Accelerator is a highly competitive, 16-week (8 weeks virtual & 8 weeks in-person) collaborative accelerator program that helps bioscience companies scale with velocity. Through coaching by entrepreneurs in residence, mentoring from industry experts, and interactive technical sessions, this unique program provides the resources entrepreneurs need to succeed. We connect high-potential companies with custom growth strategies, talent, investors, and a prominent bioscience ecosystem.
Applications are open from
September 2, 2020 – November 20, 2020
Companies will be selected on
December 14, 2020
February 22, 2021
- Companies within one of the following focus areas:
- Medical Device, Biotech, Healthcare IT
- or a related field
- A company incorporated in the United States, with a US Bank Account
- A minimum team size of 2, with at least 1 business and 1 technical team member
- Traction through validation of one of the following:
- Proprietary intellectual property (i.e., copyright, trade secret, software, invention disclosures, patent applications, etc.)
- Proof-of-concept testing or prototype
- Funding (private or public)
Accelerator Training - Learn about all aspects of developing and running a bioscience-related company from our world-class technical and business experts.
Expand Your Network – Gain strategic introductions to key members of the bioscience ecosystem, including corporate partners, potential clients, other entrepreneurs, and investors.
Dedicated Mentorship & Support - Receive personalized feedback, advice, and guidance from our Entrepreneurs in Residence and industry expert mentors.
Access to Funding – Pitch your company to investors.
Scale Your Company – Take your company to the next level with custom growth strategies, a fined-tuned pitch, and an increased network.
Media Coverage - Receive unprecedented media attention from news outlets and journals.
- Unmet Clinical Need and Market
- Intellectual Property Strategy
- Regulatory Strategy
- Quality Management Systems
- Clinical Trials
- HIPAA Compliance
- R&D Strategy
- Manufacturing Strategy
- Reimbursement Strategy
- Hospital Procurement & Sales Strategy
- San Antonio Economic Overview
- Military Medicine
- Funding Approaches
- Finance & Accounting
- Organizational Development
- Business Models
- Communications & Pitching
Upon completion of the BioGlobal Accelerator, entrepreneurs will have an investor-ready pitch, strategic introductions to key members of the bioscience ecosystem, growth strategies, and access to the funding opportunities, state-of-the-art facilities, and the resource network they need to succeed. BioGlobal Accelerator companies will receive a stipend to cover program expenses and have a chance to win a cash reward after completing the program.